Android Developer (Java)
TransferGo is a FinTech company that offers the most convenient and fast way to send money abroad. We’re growing rapidly and looking for an ambitious and bright individual to join our tech team and lead the Android app development process.
Based in London and Vilnius, TransferGo is currently more than 60 in size and moving millions of euros every month. If you're looking for a company where you can grow fast both professionally and personally, you might have just found it!
You will be working within our tech department to lead the Android application development and make our product accessible to Android users all around the world. Main responsibilities will be:
- Lead the Android native application development process
- Work together with developers and other stakeholders to build smooth & scalable app
- Educate and share knowledge of the best software development practises
- Contribute to quality by identifying spots of improvements
Our current Android stack is based on Conductor and heavy use of RxJava. Some of the other libraries we use are Retrofit, Butterknife, Dagger2, ThreeTen, Gson.
- Fluency in English
- Experience in creating and building new Android applications with Android SDK / Kotlin
- 2+ years experience in object oriented development — protocol oriented development and functional programming experience would be a plus
- Experience with REST APIs and hypermedia conventions
- Unit Testing, Git and knowledge of continuous delivery would be beneficial
- A good sense of what creates engaging, trendy and innovative user experiences
- Nice to have: Experience with popular 3rd party libraries like RxJava, Retrofit, Dagger
- Highly skilled team members
- Access and licenses to latest tools and technologies
- Guaranteed yearly training budget
- Fun working environment
- Awesome team buildings (LAN parties, coop team games in fields, old town discoveries)
Sounds like it’s you we’re looking for? We can't wait to meet you! Please contact our team directly by applying via the "apply for this job" button.